Sunday, August 16, 2009

Birthdays and stuff!

The last two weeks has been filled with birthday's, busyness, and fun. First we had James very first piano recital. It was fun to see him take part because I have wanted him to take lessons for a very long time. He seems to love it and did a great job!

Next came my birthday. Curtis took me out to one of my favorite places, the Olive Garden! Here is a picture of us waiting to be seated.

Then here is the best picture from my birthday. I chose to display it because it was the only one that we took that I didn't look hugely pregnant. The kids were amazed that I could blow all 36 candles out at once. Gosh, I'm not that old, am I? Notice the smoke?

Last week we had wanted to go to the zoo on Monday but Allison woke up with the most terrible ear infection. I took her into the doctor and one quick look told him she had ruptured her eardrum and the infection was really severe. She had gotten a little swimmers ear from her lessons the last two weeks but we didn't know it was so bad. She is one tough girl, I could never have let my ear get so bad before I asked for help. Anyway needless to say we chose to go to the zoo on Wednesday after the antibiotics had kicked in. Here are our pictures from the zoo. We had a great time but boy was it hot that day. You could often see us standing next to the fans with mist.

Alayna's birthday was just this last Thursday. Happy 13th Alayna! I have a teenager on my hands. I think she's pretty sweet though and so I hope it will continue. She went to the mall and shopped, we went out to dinner, and slept out in a tent. I think she had a really fun birthday!
I am getting kind of getting sad that the kids are going back to school so soon. I have loved this summer and I wish we could continue on our adventures to museums, movies, parks and etc. Next thing you know it, we will have a new baby and we will have to recover from that. Life is always changing, I wish I could just keep my kids young and under my wing. I guess it doesn't happen that way.

3 comments:

HollyWood said...

Wow, Terri. You have a great set of lungs ;)

Sara said...

Happy Birthday Girls!!!

K-Krew said...

Looks like a busy fun summer - with lots of birthdays to boot.
We (except Thom) love OG too. I think it's mainly b/c of the Black Tie Mousse Cake :)