Monday, September 8, 2008

The Top Ten Reasons I Haven't Blogged Recently




1. Too busy sticking Zucchini in People's cars.

2. I have been engrossed in this book.

3. Tivo. (I still have 28 hours of Olympics to watch.)

4. I got a new pedometer, and accepted a challenge to walk 10,000 steps a day.

5. Sick kids and husband! (We took them into the Dr. with every belief that we would get some antibiotics and they would feel peachy within 24 hours and what did he say? They have a VIRUS they are just going to have to ride it out. Why couldn't it have been strep throat??)

6. Soccer, Soccer, Soccer!!! Even two games at once most of the time.

7. Peaches!!! ( This was our first year that we had a real yield and I wasn't prepared. Our tree was so full we snapped a branch and then we had to prop it up with pieces of wood to keep it from breaking again. Then I had peaches coming out of my ears, in fact we put a whole box in the garage and before long they were rotting. I had to stick the entire box in the garbage. Next year I will be looking for volunteers to take some.)

8. Back to School woes, especially for lonely little Camilla who misses her brother and sisters. And on top of that, Alayna started Jr. High - much to my dismay.

9.Teaching James the Piano. Why, you ask, does someone who never actually took lessons herself want to teach her son to play? Because her husband convinced her she could easily teach the first book. The Girls don't agree, they carefully supervise every lesson.

10. And the last and most time consuming reason I haven't blogged Is:

The Patio!!!! Try cutting 700 square feet of grass out, digging the dirt underneath, moving 12 tons of gravel from the road, moving 8 tons of sand, and 25 tons of pavers, and have it not take up most of your time. But Hurray almost done, pictures are soon to come. (But at least my husband says we saved thousands by doing the work ourselves.)

5 comments:

The 5 Disney Lovers said...

gladl to see you are back to blogging, you are ONE busy lady. Glad to see that Primary wasn't one of the top 10 to keep you from blogging. :-)

HollyWood said...

Your home improvement projects amaze me. I can't wait for pictures to see how crazy you guys are.

Jill said...

I wondered where you went. I need to come peek in your yard to see how it turns out.

Kimbooly said...

We love seeing how your family is doing. The link to the book you're reading didn't show up, I'd like to know what it was. And I love your 10,000 step challenge. I've been looking for a pedometer that does a better job, and am wondering if you got yours from your mother in law (Aunt Nancy told me where she got hers, but I forget now).

Right now we're walking the boys to school each day, so we're getting at least 2 miles round trip a day. Better than a kick in the shorts.

The Pope 1/2 Dozen said...

Kimberly- Thanks for commenting. I was reading Breaking Dawn. I have the same pedometer as my mother-in-law. We got them at Amazon.com. It is an Omrom walking style pedometer. I can get the product number if you want. It is fabulous. It works even in your purse.