I have never tried a spring garden. You know, the early stuff, like peas, carrots, onions, potatoes, etc. I am so excited I am going to try Asparagus and Swiss chard. I love those veggies. Our teacher said that in Utah we could start putting that into the ground on March 15th. So, Curtis and I went shopping for things like fertilizer and seeds, etc. But after giving it some thought we decided that we needed a big rototiller. We have only had a small one but it didn't even start the last couple of years. I am so excited about my rototiller. Curtis picked it up this last Saturday.
On Monday night we told the kids that we were going to start working on the garden. I told Alayna who was on the Family Home Evening Activity that we were doing the garden for the activity. The kids were grumbling about working for the activity. But they got their wish because this is what our yard looked like by Monday night.
Needless to say, I will be postponing my Spring gardening. What kind of weather is this for March?
1 comment:
You guys always have such great gardens. I know because I've had the pleasure of sampling the fruit (vegetable) of your labors many times.
How fun to be able to attend a gardening class. I would really like to learn and, one of these years, have a garden of my own. I bet that I would 'grow' to love it too.
But for now, I'm in the I don't know enough to start, and we're moving before the plants would have a chance to produce anything eadible anyway, stage. Maybe two summers from now will be my year. We'll see. I might try some flowers though. That would be fun AND pretty!
Have fun with your garden when the weather warms up. Maybe someday I will have to pick your brain for all of your 'tried and true' gardening tips.
Post a Comment