Sunday, May 2, 2010

Spring Break

Yes, I am posting about spring break and yes it is almost a month late. Things have gotten even busier for me lately. We got a new puppy, soccer season started and Curtis is coaching, I still have a baby and a rambunctious three year old, and I am taking piano lessons (of which I am thrilled about.) I did want to post about spring break though because I am blogging for the purpose of making it into a blog book again. I loved my last blog book, I want to start using blogging as a way of journaling our lives. That said. . . . . . . . Spring Break.

We love hiking and being outside. I thought that for this years spring break we would go to Zion National Park and St. George. Everyone was on board. I just love to plan trips so it was a blast trying to get a good deal for our hotel and stuff.

Our first day we traveled spent time in St. George and went to the St. George temple.

Our second day was in Zion National park. We had great time, but you must take a shuttle to get into the park. The kids loved the shuttle but I thought it was a little bit tricky with a nursing baby. Where do I nurse if I don't have my car to hide in? I figured it out but I only wanted to stay there one day. The kids loved it. Here are some pictures from Zion. Camilla loves to hike but she was really tired so she rode in the stroller some. In some areas she couldn't ride. We actually even got to the hotel in time for some swimming and Alayna and I went shopping at the outlets. It was fun!


The next day we decided to go to snow canyon. The kids really loved this place. We spent the entire day there and had very red skin to show for it. There was plenty of climbing here. James was in heaven. The petrified dunes were so cool. We also climbed an old volcano. I was completely against this but was out numbered. I looked up and the trail was so steep. But we met some people and they told us about a trail that is longer that goes around the side and up. The kids decided they were going straight up but not me. Alayna, Curtis, and I had the two youngest kids. We climbed and climbed but Camilla was so tired she had to be carried. Finally we got to the top and it was beautiful. The biggest challenge was getting down. It was much steeper than going up. James and Allison went down the trail that the took them straight down. They said they had to snowboard the whole thing down meaning, they rode the rocks down. It turned out to be a very fun vacation, one that we plan to do again sometime.
The top of the Cinder Cone Trail. The Volcano.



4 comments:

KellyAnn said...

I am so excited that you are taking piano. I had no idea that you always wanted too!!

Love St George. We get down there quite a bit. Much for fun for visiting than living there!

The Pope 1/2 Dozen said...

Kelly Ann, I was always amazed at how well you played. I always wanted to do it. Now that I have started lessons I realize how fun it is. I love St. George too!

Sara said...

Looks like a blast! Great pics...the shot of James sitting is fantastic!!

RCA said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/cara-cek-nomor-rekening-mandiri-paling-gampang-lewat-atm-dan-hp