Sunday, June 15, 2008
Warm Chocolate Melting Cake
Speaking of the cruise, made me think of something wonderful on the ship called Warm Chocolate Melting Cake. This dessert was my favorite thing and could be served every night. Curtis even loved it. So, for Valentines Day this last year the children decided that they were going to make us dinner and serve it to us. I got the brilliant idea that I would make Warm Chocolate Melting cake for us for dessert. But as I am watching my weight I decided to try to make it with less sugar and fat. I found a recipe that seemed like it would be really similar to the cruise cake. But for some reason this recipe had chocolate pudding. I decided to do it with sugar free pudding. I have in the past had good results from substituting sugar free pudding. Anyway, this recipe was done in the crock pot. I started it in the morning and was very excited. I found myself salivating at the wonderful chocolate aroma all day. Dinner was served and was a lot of fun. It then came time for dessert. I decided to give the children a break and serve it to them. I got out my fancy dessert dishes and served them a generous helping of the wonderful chocolate dish and even put a large scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. I let them try it first and with great excitement I waited for their reaction. But for some reason I wasn't getting any. I didn't want to toot my own horn but for heavens sake but I had to ask. " Do you like it?", I asked. They all looked at me funny and James said" The ice cream is good ." I couldn't believe my ears, I had to try it myself. I put it in my mouth and what did I find, something completely devoid of taste, infact it was bitter. What could have gone wrong? "Apparently, " Curtis told me "some artificial sweeteners do not do well under heating conditions. They completely turn bitter. " What!!! But what about cook and serve pudding ? Maybe but, apparently I had used instant pudding. Oh well! But I did find the real recipe if anyone is interested. And it doesn't call for pudding.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Aren't you glad you tried it out on your family first! James is too funny.
Post a Comment