Thursday, October 23, 2008

It's Just Me!


I was looking at past blogs of some friends and I realized that Jill had tagged me. I have never been tagged so I thought that I would get caught.

7 interesting things about me:

1) I love to organize time. I love to see how many things I can get into a day. I hate wasting time! I don’t consider building relationships with others a waste of time. So, I do like to chat on the phone or in person. I also like certain TV programs. But I am always multi-tasking. When the TV is on I am exercising, making lists, folding laundry, making dinner, etc. (I think this may drive Curtis a little crazy) Also, I am a constant list maker. I make grocery lists, daily lists, packing lists, work lists, menu lists, when I was packing for the Cruise I made a list of what pieces of clothing would go together. This is not the half it. But I can get a lot of stuff done in a day (Curtis is amazed) and it is my way of dealing with stress.

2) I am passionate about everything. Give me an inspirational speech and you have caught me, I am fired up. Curtis has to keep me grounded or I may think I can conquer the world.

3) I love reading and books. I collect books, which of course builds clutter in your house. I guess I just love the thought of all that knowledge sitting in my house that I could possess. I like to read everything from Jane Austin to Orson Scott Card. I actually really like non-fiction, too. I am a bit of a reading snob. If the writing isn’t done well, I may not finish it.

4) I am living the life of my dreams. I love my life and do not aspire to more right now. I love being a mother and wife and have always wanted that as part of my life. I love the freedom I have to do what I want and think about what I want. My children are a real joy to me and I try to live in the moment. The only thing I may change is I would probably build more relationships with friends. I know eventually my children will grow up and I sometimes I dream about what Curtis and I will do then, maybe I will work or go to school or we will travel. But I wouldn’t change anything right now.

5) I Love to laugh. I loved the talk in conference by Joseph B. Wirthlin about just laughing at life’s stresses. Our family loves to laugh, and we have plenty of things that happen to laugh at. Curtis has a dry sense of humor as most people who know him probably know. But I have a wet one. The Kids call it wet because I laugh so hard I cry and because I sometimes can’t control the laughing. I love a good belly laugh. My kids are really funny. They have the combined humor of us both. After the kids go to bed, we just laugh at everything that happened during the day. This is some of my favorite time. Plus we all have a desire to get Curtis to actually laugh out loud. If I can get him to laugh out loud, I win a prize.

6) I love to be home and I love to travel. That probably seems like an oxymoron and it probably is. I love home because I feel safe and loved. But I always have had a great sense of adventure. You know, to see the world. I would have probably been one of the settlers in the early West. Reaching out to find new adventures in an unknown area. But after the adventures I love to come home to my comfortable bed. Beds on adventures are never as comfortable as your own.

7) I am a huge People pleaser. Most people who know me actually know this. I will do anything for anyone. Even at a cost to myself. I have been known to drop all my plans because I couldn’t say no. I am working on this. I am getting better. I was truly one of Qwest first Caller ID customers. (This is not an exaggeration) because I couldn’t tell salesmen NO. When someone is nice to me, I cannot be mean to him or her. In the past I thought by telling them yes was the only way to be nice. Now, if you are mean to me or act annoyed or whatever, then I will have no trouble.

If there is anyone who wants to be IT next, feel free. Otherwise I guess I will be getting a lot of exercise, and I never minded that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love to laugh, and be adventurous too (we definitely must be siblings -- haha)! I miss the times when I used to live with you and we would laugh and laugh everyday, along with the kids and Curtis. Curtis did laugh out loud a few times too! Especially with the "Lion" cut cat pictures and story.

I miss you sis!