I love music! I love it for three clear reasons.
1. For me, it brings up emotions and memories that I sometimes find myself burying. It is easier to face in the guise of a beautiful song. But the memories that you may remember with the song can be priceless.
2. I love to dance, if you live in my house you absolutely will know this. I am always moving to music. Sometimes it is to laugh and sometimes because the music moves me. Just recently I asked Curtis if we could take a dance class together, I hope he agrees. I want to learn how dance with a partner.
3. It can be so beautiful, there is nothing so thrilling as hearing my girls play hymns and just recently Beethoven and Debussy. I am absolutely excited for Christmas music.
Just recently Megan my sister in law told me about the website Pandora.com. I have found it to be as fabulous as she said. You can create your own free radio station. You choose some of the songs or artists that you like and they will build a radio station around your favorites and they will add music that is similar and you click a thumbs up and down depending on if you like it. Anyway I love it, in fact I have spent a lot of time already this week playing with it and discovering what I like.
I still love the old music I used to listen to from High School you know like, Chicago, Journey, and Richard Marx (my first concert). I remember on trips to Volleyball games and track meets they used to blast Bon Jovi, Poison and Dépêche Mode.
Growing up we lived on country. I still like it, it brings me back to the old days driving in our white Toyota Van with “I’m proud to be an American” by Lee Greenwood playing in the background. I still get emotional if I hear “The Dance” by Garth Brooks. I remember when I started college I had this roommate who loved a kind of music and played it excessively. Meaning I never got to listen to my own. I still cannot listen very happily to that style of music. She was not always a nice person so that is the association I have with it.
My tastes have changed of course. I now love Josh Groban, Andrea Bocelli, Michael Buble, John Mayer, Jack Johnson and Sissel. These are the ones Curtis doesn’t mind. He is a classical fan all the way, but he now likes these others. The ones I like that he doesn’t care for are like One Republic, Switchfoot, Coldplay, Snow patrol, and Daughtry. My brother Ryan introduced me to some of these. The most important thing though, is that I make sure the music is appropriate, I have kids that are going to hear it. In fact I can't stop playing music. I am so excited about Pandora because I am discovering new music that either I had never heard of or I had and hadn’t known who the Artist was. I am discovering I really like Jim Brickman and remembered that I love the song “Only Hope" by Mandy Moore. Anyway if I can just get myself to do something else but to listen to music today, I will be in good shape. I don’t know how to start a tag but I would love to hear what music you listen to and listened to in High School.
If anyone is interested in seeing Curtis’ newly planted hair. Click on my friend Michelle’s blog(http://stermich.blogspot.com/), our husbands got their pictures taken together.
Just recently Megan my sister in law told me about the website Pandora.com. I have found it to be as fabulous as she said. You can create your own free radio station. You choose some of the songs or artists that you like and they will build a radio station around your favorites and they will add music that is similar and you click a thumbs up and down depending on if you like it. Anyway I love it, in fact I have spent a lot of time already this week playing with it and discovering what I like.
I still love the old music I used to listen to from High School you know like, Chicago, Journey, and Richard Marx (my first concert). I remember on trips to Volleyball games and track meets they used to blast Bon Jovi, Poison and Dépêche Mode.
Growing up we lived on country. I still like it, it brings me back to the old days driving in our white Toyota Van with “I’m proud to be an American” by Lee Greenwood playing in the background. I still get emotional if I hear “The Dance” by Garth Brooks. I remember when I started college I had this roommate who loved a kind of music and played it excessively. Meaning I never got to listen to my own. I still cannot listen very happily to that style of music. She was not always a nice person so that is the association I have with it.
My tastes have changed of course. I now love Josh Groban, Andrea Bocelli, Michael Buble, John Mayer, Jack Johnson and Sissel. These are the ones Curtis doesn’t mind. He is a classical fan all the way, but he now likes these others. The ones I like that he doesn’t care for are like One Republic, Switchfoot, Coldplay, Snow patrol, and Daughtry. My brother Ryan introduced me to some of these. The most important thing though, is that I make sure the music is appropriate, I have kids that are going to hear it. In fact I can't stop playing music. I am so excited about Pandora because I am discovering new music that either I had never heard of or I had and hadn’t known who the Artist was. I am discovering I really like Jim Brickman and remembered that I love the song “Only Hope" by Mandy Moore. Anyway if I can just get myself to do something else but to listen to music today, I will be in good shape. I don’t know how to start a tag but I would love to hear what music you listen to and listened to in High School.
If anyone is interested in seeing Curtis’ newly planted hair. Click on my friend Michelle’s blog(http://stermich.blogspot.com/), our husbands got their pictures taken together.
2 comments:
I definitely love music too, as you know. And I like dancing too. I don't do it as often anymore, because I don't have the time, and sometimes the dances around here are not exactly the best. Actually it brings me back to the time when I used to dance in elementary and won a dancing competition.
Anyways, I like a lot of the 80's music. I do remember the times when we, while growing up, would ride around in the old white Toyota van listening to music. The songs Eye of the tiger, We didn't start the fire, and so forth.
I have a broad range of music I like now days. There are bands that I like only one or two songs, whereas the rest of their songs are not my style. I've also been getting into a lot dance styled music with a good beat.
Probably some of my favorites are: Maroon 5, Live, Jack Johnson, Collective Soul, One Republic. Some of the new artists that I like (few select songs): Chris Brown, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Paramore, Blue October, Colby O'Donis, Kevin Rudolf, Timbaland, Akon.
However, it changes all the time. Another site that I love is Imeem (http://www.imeem.com). You can search for any artist and listen to practically every album that they have to date, including live performances, or hard to find singles/renditions of a song.
I love music and dancing. I don't dance anymore, because my ballroom days wouldn't coexist well w/ my mommy lifestyle, but I let myself love it and not feel bitter when I watch it, like at my 10 year ballroom reunion a couple years ago.
And Curtis's plugs are hilarious. If anyone didn't go to the link, they might not know what a cute joke it was!
Post a Comment