2) Best family Vacation- If you have been reading my blog you will know that it is our trip to Disneyland. It was fabulous, we loved it so much the kids got us to commit to the trip every other year.
3) Best purchase- My pedometer and the impending commitment to get at least 10,000 steps away. It has truly changed my life and commitment to exercise.
4) Best shopping experience- BLACK FRIDAY!!I tentatively ventured out hoping to get a good deal or two. I went to Sears, Kohl’s, and Rod Works and saved a bundle. I successfully got everything I went for and more. It was a great experience for me; being the first time I ever tried it. I do realize that it was mostly beginners luck, results not typical.
5) Best award earned- James got his brown belt (Jr) in karate. He was so excited about this he could hardly contain himself.
6) Proud mother moment-Seeing my girls at their piano recital playing hymns and songs by Beethoven (Moonlight Sonata) and Debussy (Claire de Lune). Allison was so taken with her song that she learned most of it herself within a couple of weeks (way ahead of time). Attending some of Alayna’s flute concerts and seeing her go from no experience to being able to play a lot of songs.
7) Most joyful experience- It is honestly almost everyday with Camilla. She is an absolute joy to be around. She wakes up so happy, comes and gives a kiss and talks and talks all day.
8) Best new things-Allison started soccer; loved it. Alayna started the flute and back into dance; love them. James new 2nd grade teacher; love her. James hasn’t been in trouble once, which is quite a shock for this energetic boy. Curtis and his new job, he seems to love it. I learned to be a blogger; love it, much more than scrapbooking. I am going to get my blog made into a book; voila there is my journal, scrapbook or whatever.
9) Best Gift- This year Santa brought something called the Iron Gym to James. Santa must have been inspired. This is a gift every person in the family has enjoyed. But especially the wall crawler James. He was always climbing my walls or sliding down the banister. (If you can call it that) This has kept him doing what he loves swinging and climbing and it is even allowed in the house. Here is a picture:
10) Best time of the year- What do you think? Of course I am going to say: Christmas. This has been one of the best Christmas seasons that we can remember. We loved participating in all the fun activities and traditions. No one complained this year about who got more gifts. (I was heart broken last year when I heard complaining. I thought, okay I need to change something here.) They really seemed grateful and excited. Great moments were: time with family, acting out the nativity, playing games, playing in the snow, movies, fun times in Duchesne, new years eve games, shopping, going out to eat, the food!! I could go on but I will just bore the few who read this.
Happy New Year!!
1 comment:
your top 10 are awesome, you do such a good job at talking about them. Happy New Year my friend!!!
Post a Comment