Monday, December 29, 2008

It's movie time!

During this Christmas vacation I have been trying to do a lot of fun things with the kids. I want to make Christmas vacation fun and memorable. Each day after completing all of their assigned chores they get to pick something to do that is fun. Sometimes it is something big that takes all day and sometimes just a small thing, like playing games at home.
The kids mentioned how much they wanted to go to a movie. After casting their votes for which movie to go to, "The Tale of Despereaux" won out. Both of my girls had read the book, so they definitely wanted that one. James wanted "Bolt" but his sisters convinced him he would like the one they wanted.
I was really nervous because the last time I took Camilla to a movie she was so busy running around that the movie became stressful for me. I haven't taken her to a movie since June. She has started to love watching Dora the Explorer so I thought it might be more successful this time.
As we purchased our tickets the guy started sending T-shirts through the little hole they send the tickets through. My kids asked "did you buy those?" Nope they gave them to everyone who went to Despereaux at that movie time. Cool, a free t-shirt (and it's even a cute one)! I was surprised because I have never received a T-shirt at the movies before. Here is a picture of the children wearing their T- shirts.
The kids really enjoyed the movie, even Camilla. She tried to run around like last time but I wouldn't let her leave. It amazes me that for a child that is afraid of going to nursery, she sure is willing to run around in a dark theater all by herself with no fear. What's up with that?

1 comment:

miklayla said...

You are such a good mom Terri. More fun that I am that is for sure!!!!!
Michelle