Monday, December 22, 2008

Dashing through the snow!

After days and days of hearing some of my children complain about not getting enough snow. We finally got some. And it wasn't just a little, we got a lot. Our neighbor estimated from 9 to 12 inches today. I am not sure, but I cleaned off the driveway several times. The kids loved it, of course. They took great advantage and played all afternoon in it.


The first thing they did was go sledding. Here is a picture of the kids sledding in our back and front yard.


Every year I promise the kids that if they leave the snow nice without tracks in it I will make snow mazes. Growing up my dad would make snow mazes. We would play tag and play follow the leader. The kids love doing it with me. I figure not only do I get some fun time with the kids but I get some exercise, too. Here are some really badly taken pictures of us starting to make the mazes.


I then decided that I should clean off the driveway and sidewalk. Curtis had to work and I thought it would be dark before he got home, so I went ahead and did it. After realizing how much snow was accumulating on one spot and after seeing our neighbors make an igloo, Alayna decided to try to make one. This is an early picture, by the time they quit for the night they had made a space inside for three.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

My kids would be jealous. We had freezing rain today and Nicole was begging to go outside. I love the mazes and the igloo!!

Jill said...

I can't believe how much snow fell! Glad we didn't have to deal with too much driving, but I am sure it will be there for us when we get back. Looks like you guys are having so much fun! I loved snow mazes when I was a kid.