Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Family Night, busy night!

I love all the fun activities surrounding Christmas. On Monday, it was very busy. We decided to deliver treats to some of our neighbors. ( I am doing scone dough and honey butter this year.) It has been too overwhelming to deliver more than about three or four batches of scone dough a day.
James got to choose the family home evening treat and he choose Fudge. I thought I had all the ingredients but then I realized that the evaporated milk that I had was expired. I thought it's not going to be that bad. I opened the can up and discovered tan colored separated milk. I decided not to use it. Alli and I ran to the store for more. When we returned I showed James and Allison how to make fudge. My children love to help in the kitchen, well I should say they love to help cook not clean. Here is a picture of the final product.

Curtis was on the family home evening activity and was persuaded as you can imagine by the children to do a gingerbread house. The only problem was that Allison still needed help to finish a school project. Making a diorama of the forest. It had to include four different animals and plants. She had done most of it but wanted Curtis to assist her to finish it. So, Curtis and Allison worked on the project in the same room the rest of us were working on the gingerbread house. Occasionally Allison would add some candy to the house. Camilla loved this activity, especially sneaking as many pieces of candy as she could get away with.

Here are some of the pictures while we were constructing the house and finally the finished product.



Here is the finished project Allison was working on.

After a quick family home lesson and a request for "once there was snowman" by Camilla, we were ready for bed. Treats delivered, fudge made, gingerbread house completed, school project done, spiritual message given, and hopefully lasting memories for the children to cherish, as I do.

3 comments:

Kimbooly said...

I love reading your blog. Thank you for posting.

miklayla said...

looks like lots of fun and yummies........did you enjoy OG last night? I was SO mad that I was sick!! of all days.

miklayla said...

that last post was me.....michelle