Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Valentine's Day!

As I think I've said before, Curtis really isn't that into going out to eat (especially on Valentine's Day). He thinks all of the restaurants are too busy and I have to agree. At least around here they can get very busy even on non-holiday evenings.

A few years ago we started a Valentine's Day tradition. I make a meal for Curtis of his favorite food and dessert and the kids serve it to us like we are in a restaurant. We eat the dinner together and then the kids join us for dessert. My kids love this. They love taking our order, making the plates up, and acting as our waiter or waitress. Curtis loves Salmon and homemade rolls so I included those on the menu.


Here are some pictures:

James serving the rolls and Alayna bringing our salad
The fruit smoothie made by Alayna and delivered by Allison and then finally the main course delivered by Allison and Alayna.
Some years we go all out; they dress up and we make it really fancy. This year after making the dinner and looking at the mess, I decided to keep it simple.
Here is a picture of Camilla in her princess pajama's(she insisted) waiting for the dessert sans the splint, hurray!!!!!!
I got a fondue pot this year for Christmas and the kids had been begging for me to do it. So, for dessert I melted chocolate and we dipped things into it. They seemed to really enjoy that.
Pictured here are is some of the things we dipped.
All in all, we had a great time. James found the fondue so delicious he ate too much. He ended up with a stomachache that lasted all night and into Sunday and caused him to miss church.

4 comments:

The Popes said...

Hey neighbor Popes!

Maybe we should get together since we live so close! It's been a while!

Nana (Lonna)and Grandpa (Max) said...

Terri, you are just one of the most creative moms I know. What a fun tradition! The children will always remember it. They will probably keep that tradition in their own homes later.

miklayla said...

Fun, what a cute idea!!!
michelle

Shelly said...

What a good idea! I always do heart shaped pizza (homemade), but I might have to do this for the next day! The fondue looks delicious!