1. She received sidewalk chalk for her birthday and then used it to color all over the house, including on the walls, televisions, and coffee table.
2. She frequently dumps the bucket of Costco laundry detergent. I finally got smart and got a laundry room lock.
3. She sneaks into cookies reserved for the kids lunches. And then licks out the frosting and leaves the discarded cookie on the floor.
4. She decided Alayna needed pink boots so she wrote on one of them with marker.
5. She discovered a way to get out of our gate by wiggling the gate and slipping out. We had to find a solution for that one.
6. Whenever she can she tries to write on the children's homework. She has been successful a few times.
7. She discovered the hidden otter pops and got into four and sprayed them all over.
8. She likes to sneak into the freezer and get ice cream. We will find the evidence: an empty carton and spoon in front of the freezer.
9. She got her doll wet so she stuck it in the dryer and then took the container of dishwasher powder and dumped it in, too. I guess she thought soap was supposed to go in there too.
10.Yesterday just before Allison's Soccer game she decided she wanted a waffle so she grabbed the syrup and walked around the room while it was pouring out.
11. She likes to find the kids money and chapsticks. One day I asked, "Camilla what are you doing?" She said, "Finding Alli's money"
12. She really tries our patience at church. She loves to escape, especially to daddy who is sitting on the stand. The other day she said, "If it is quiet, I run."
13. She takes no consideration for the boundary of safety. The other day she was being rambunctious, and happened to hit her face on the coffee table. Needless to say we had to go to the emergency room for stitches. The wait was long but she was on her best behavior, very snuggly. Until of course they tried to clean the laceration and squirt the medicine that would sedate her, up her nose. She was an angel during the stitching and afterward was quite loopy. Her personality made us laugh. She loved the pretty pink bracelet she got from the hospital. Here are a few pictures after we got home at 1:15 am.
She seems to have a radar for finding trouble. Most of the time we are in the same room or in the next. If it is quiet . . . . . I run (to find out what she's up to). Poor kid, we take precautions after every incident. Every room has a lock on it now including the pantry and fridge. But she has an instinct for it, she finds other ways to use her imagination in trouble making.
But she makes us laugh and sometimes cry, she makes life interesting, comical, hard, and she is worth all the trouble.
8 comments:
I love it! We had a "Camilla" child. Her name was Kimberly. These children come to us with a natural curiosity and propensity for creative mess-making!!
Too funny! I love Camilla, but I feel for you Terri! I've seen her give you a run for your money, but boy is she CUTE!
My mom had a Camilla too-- it was ME! Have you heard any of the stories? The two most legendary were 1) the time I carried the Economy-sized bottle of Elmers Glue upside down throughout the entire house. Who knows how I got the top off? My mom and Amy frantically, and quickly, tried to scrub it all out--but 'till the day we moved there were still a few hard spots in the carpet where the glue had dried too fast.
The other legendary mess was when I found my older sisters (Sara's or Amy's) 12 assorted colors of finger nail polish that they had just gotten for Christmas. Again, I found a way to open those little suckers and happily processed to paint their bedroom, and man did I paint everything. Although I don't remember the incident, I do remember always noticing that they had a few finger nail polish marks on their furniture, comforters, etc. that never came clean (atleast I didn't paint the piano keys like Anna did!)
Anyway, like I said, I don't have any memory of these experiences, but I am (to this day) SO grateful that my mother had a positive attitude (like you, and Aunt Lonna, Terri) and saw me as a naturally curious child, rather than a naughty one that needed harsh discipline and scolding. I have an incling that I was charming about my mess-making (probably a lot like Camilla), so it was hard for my family to be too upset for very long by the trouble I caused.
I've always wondered why I liked cousin Kimberly so well Aunt Lonna--Great minds think a like, I guess :-)
I love your positive attitude Terri. Thanks for sharing!!!
P.S. I love the tunes! Did you add new ones? Anyway, I just added you to my list of GREAT blog tunes in my most recent post, "Who needs a RADIO when you've got what?...blogging, of course!" @ http://armywifemomof3.blogspot.com/
I've always loved your taste in music. Remember that time, I borrowed a bunch of yours and Curtis' CD's. To this day, I hope that I didn't send any of them back to you scratched. Thanks again for being SO awesome! Kiss those sweet kiddies for me and tell them Anut Julia and clan said "Hi" and we miss them!
You just have to laugh don't you. She sure does have a natural affinity for mischief. But she's such a sweet little girl, she always makes me smile.
o Terri, get on your thyroid meds so you can have more energy. :-)
That is so funny! I love how she says, "Finding Alli's money"! That completely cracks me up. And even the empty ice cream carton with a spoon laying in front of the freezer is hilarious. Camilla is the cutest ever. In those pictures she looks a lot like Allison too.
Wow. I'm speechless. She sounds like Emma with an extra heap of curiosity. I'm sending you a little bit of energy (it's all I can spare).
Honestly, my son, Taesun, is the EXACT same way!! They must be related...oh wait, they are!
-Cousin Stacey Pope Ro
Our blog: http://theroshow.blogspot.com
Post a Comment