Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Our Day at the Park


A few months ago the young women and men went a really cool park in Cedar Hills. Alayna kept talking about it and encouraged us to go do it as our weekly activity. After driving around a bit and finally finding it, here are some of our pictures. The kids had a blast!!

On Saturday Curtis was feeling ambitious and completely cleaned the weeds(and grass) out of my flower beds. I am so grateful that he did this. I wasn't looking forward to it myself. He said "I just kept waiting for you to do it. " Sorry, Curtis but I may not have done it all summer. I had spotted a few too many spiders and slugs. Ewwwww!!!!
The girls decided to pick strawberries on Saturday also. We have just a small patch but we got quite a few. Tonight we picked another two gallon bucket full. Yummy! Here comes the smoothies! Alayna is our resident smoothie maker and there is nothing better to work with than fresh strawberries.
This last picture is at Allison's last soccer game. She is very disappointed that it's over but is satisfying herself by watching international soccer games with her dad. Are you kidding, I can only take about 15 minutes of these games? But she's become quite a fan.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Wow! I hope we get some strawberries, yours look YUMMY. Can you send Curtis to weed our garden? This heat wave has slowed us down.